Executive Sous Chef
Description du Poste
The Executive Sous Chef is responsible to assist the Executive Chef for overall kitchen operation as a successful independent profit center, ensuring maximum guest satisfaction, through planning, organizing, directing, and controlling the Kitchen operation and administration.
Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while assisting in leading the staff and managing all food related functions. Also Assists in supervising all kitchen areas to ensure a consistent, high quality product is produced.
Executive Sous Chef Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Able to make recommendations to the Executive Chef regarding succession planning.
- To be aware of all financial budgets and goals.
- To ensure that guests are always receiving an exceptional dining experience representing true value for money.
- Ensure that all recipes and product yields are accurately costed and reviewed regularly.
- Ensure that all food items are prepared as per standard recipe cards whilst maintaining portion control and minimizing waste.
- Ensure that food stock levels within the culinary department areas are of sufficient quantity and quality in relevance to the hotel occupancy and function forecasts.
- Ensure that associate meals and associate dining services are of a consistently high standard.
- Ensure that chefs are always in clean tidy uniforms and are always presentable to be in guest view.
- Ensure that all food preparation equipment is being used safety and correctly and that it is cleaned and maintained.
- Ensure that all culinary operations manuals are prepared and updated.
- Ensure that the Department’s overall operational budgets are strictly adhered too.
- Ensure that the culinary department adheres to all company and hotel policies and procedures.
- Ensure that a consistent first class product of the highest quality is achieved and maintained in all culinary areas, whilst adhering to operational deadlines.
- Ensure that meetings are well planned and results-orientated.
- Creative menu planning and correct food preparation for each outlets including banquets.
- To work in close conjunction with the Food and Beverage Manager and respective & teams, to create a yearly marketing Plan for the outlet.
- Ensure that all relevant banquet set-ups are prepared ahead of guest’s arrival and in adherence with hotel standards.
- Be aware of new items, which are introduced onto the market and keep up with the lasted product trends.
- To fully understand the market needs and desires for each outlet and ensure that the menus are developed to reflect those needs.
- To initiate relevant maintenance reports and work orders supported by the respective follow up of those items actioned.
- To manage associates fairly and take a personal interest in knowing all culinary associates.
- To project a positive and motivated attitude among-st all associates.
- To spend time in the restaurant to ensure that the operation is managed well by the outlet team.
- To frequently verify that only the highest quality products are used in food preparation.
- To Ensure that all food products received into the hotel are of the required standard and quality and that they are stored and rotated correctly.
- Responsible for the supervision of all stewards and their activities within the culinary department.
- Ensure that weekly work schedules and annual leave planners are administered and filed correctly.
- Ensure that the overall culinary department is motivated and that positive feedback on work performance is given.
- To delegate responsibilities to subordinates as required.
- Coach and counsel employees in a timely manner and in accordance with Company policy.
- To act as manager on duty for the hotel as scheduled.
- To recruit and select a suitable culinary team who are able to work within a decentralized management philosophy.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses and provide timely feedback to the individual.
- Fair and firm management abilities with high influencing skills.
- Strong administration skills.
- Creative and innovative.
- Strong knowledge of food and beverage.
- Hands-on approach to all operational aspects.
- Excellent communication skills and computer skills.
- Initiative and Self-motivated.
- Ideal training and coaching skills.
Culinary diploma from a recognized institution or higher.
At least 10 years’ experience with 2 years in a senior management position.