Housekeeping - 28H
Description du Poste
Performs routine duties in cleaning and servicing of guest rooms and baths under supervision of housekeeping supervisor. Room attendant promotes a positive image of the property to guests and must be pleasant, honest, friendly and should also able to address guest requests and problems.
He/She should maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all housekeeping departmental policies/service and also the hotel's procedures/standards. Additionally, maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment.
ROOM BOY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enters and prepares the room for cleaning.
- Dusts the room and furniture.
- Replenishes guestroom and bath supplies.
- Cleans the bathroom.
- Cleans the closet.
- Vacuums and racks the carpet.
- Checks and secures the rooms.
- Replenish amenities according to the operational standards.
- Deliver and retrieve items on loan to guests e.g. iron and ironing boards
- Ensure security of guest rooms and privacy of guests
- Perform rotation cleaning duties (e.g. steam clean carpets, spring cleaning, super cleaning etc.) as required
- Cleans guest bathroom/bedroom/floor corridor.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Empty trash containers and ashtrays.
- Remove all dirty terry and replace with the clean par to the designated layout.
- Remove soil, dirt, soap build-up and hair from bathroom mirrors, vanity, sink, toilet, shower walls, bathtub, shower curtain and floor.
- Replace facial, toilet tissue and bathroom amenities in correct amount and location.
- Inspect condition of bathrobes and replace soiled/damaged ones.
- Remove dirty bed linen and make up bed with clean linen.
- Replace laundry bags and slips.
- Clean closets and door tracks on check-out rooms, removing dust and debris. Ensure correct amount and placement of hangers, extra blanket/pillow and luggage rack.
- Dust and polish all furniture.
- Realign furniture to the floor plan.
- Responsible for replenishment of guest complimentary water.
- Responsible for the cleanliness and maintenance of his work area.
- Responsible for the Hotel property in the work area.
- Attends to guest calls, guest requests /guest complaints in the area assigned to him.
- Authorise to enter in guestrooms for cleaning and providing turndown services as per requirement.
- Responsible for following the standard operating procedures.
- Responsible for achieving and exceeding the guest satisfaction score.
- Update status of rooms cleaned on assignment sheet.
- Return and restock cart at end of shift.
Physical mobility and stamina required, Ability to follow instruction, Detail-oriented, Professional attitude is required, Ability to work independently.
A secondary school diploma is preferred, Physical mobility and stamina required, Ability to follow instruction, Detail-oriented, Professional attitude is required, Ability to work independently.
Previous hotel-related experience desired
As a Floor Housekeeper, you are responsible for supervising room attendants to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Floor Housekeeper would also be required to assist the head housekeeper and monitor standards. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Supervise Room Attendants
- Daily allocation of rooms and deep cleaning tasks to team members
- Manage guest requests, including VIP amenities and communicating them to the relevant team members
- Routine inspection of guest bedrooms to ensure they meet standards
- Aware of all room categories and amenities
- Achieve positive outcomes from guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Carry out lost property procedures
- Ensure guest laundry is cleaned and delivered in a timely manner
- Report maintenance issues to Maintenance/Engineering Department
- Assist Head Housekeeper with training requirements
- Represent the needs of the team to others in the hotel
- Be environmentally aware
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
What are we looking for?
To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- High standards of cleanliness
- Ability to work on their own or in teams
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To ensure all staff in Housekeeping and Front office departments comply with Hotel Policy regarding uniform and personal hygiene.
- To be aware of the day’s business both in Room Occupancy, Special Requirements and VIP needs.
- Liaise with Reception regarding Room moves, VIP guests, Special Needs and act on any information given.
- Issue keys, room lists, house assistant check lists and cleaning schedules to housekeeping staff at the beginning of shift and collect and check them at end of shift.
- Check all work given to the Room Assistants, Linen Porters and Maintenance throughout the day to ensure standards are being adhered to.
- Excellent Knowledge on of how to inspect properties.
- Regularly Inspect guest rooms, public areas, recreational area for cleanliness, appearance and also to make sure these areas are kept as per the hotels standard.
- Ensure all Maintenance work in Bedrooms, Laundry and Public Areas are rectified prior to releasing rooms back to front desk.
- Ensuring that accommodation is clean, well maintained and attractively presented.
- Ensure that company standards for guest services, décor, and housekeeping services are met or exceeded.
- Ensure Guest’s and Hotel Laundry and Dry Cleaning is dealt to the standard laid down by the hotel management.
- Maintain a par stock levels of stationary, linen and amenity requirements in order to ensure consistency in standards.
- Knowledge of local and company hygiene, health and safety regulations
- Developing and utilising check lists for regular preventative maintenance.
- Developing and utilising check lists for regular cleaning and upkeep.
- Conduct meetings and training sessions as and when required.
- Interview, hire, train, and at times take disciplinary actions on staff members.
- To assist in the development and writing of Housekeeping departmental standards and improved processes.
- To actively train all staff to the standards laid down in the Training Manual and monitor their work performance.
- Approving Duty rosters for housekeeping and laundry always taking into account the hotel status (Arrival / Departure / Occupancy).
- Monitor staff performance to ensure that guests are happy and that the hotel is well run
- Minimise wastage of materials and energy through careful monitoring of staff.
- Train staff on answering guest enquires about hotel policies and services.
Should be able to work on their own initiative and have the ability to lead and direct a large team.
College degree in Hospitality Management is an asset or Graduates bachelor degree and/or diploma in hotel or other related field. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications. Experience in Property Management Software's, Revenue Management Systems desired.
Minimum 3 to 4 years work experience as a Executive housekeeper or assistant executive housekeeper or assistant accommodation manager within the hotel industry as well as possess excellent customer care and interpersonal skills.
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Experience in the hotel/cleaning industry
- Experience in managing/supervising a team in a similar role
- IT proficient
- Willingness to develop team members and self